Monday, September 30, 2019

Monday Musings: How do I protect my children and let them be free?

There are days where all you want is just to shield your children from the world. Just wrap them in a cocoon and not let anything near them that could hurt them. Being a Xenial parent, I want me kids to have an active childhood like I did, but also learn to appreciate technology like I did. It's just that there are so many bad people in the world and all I want is to keep them safe.

Every time I turn around there is a new threat out there that could hurt my children. Sex trafficking, deadly diseases in mosquitoes, cyber bullies, pedophiles, school shootings, and a country that seems to celebrate hating people who are different.

How do I protect them and yet let them be free to grow into their own people? How do I prepare them for a world that has more dangers than I ever realized? How do I prepare my daughter for a world where rapists get away with it if they are good students? How do I prepare my sons for a world that hates on those who don't fit the mold? How do I prepare myself for all the pain and heartache that is going to come the older they get?

I want them to be them, but I want to keep them safe, and I don't know how to go about that properly. So I just keep taking it a day at a time, trying to live by example and mold them without forcing them.


I pray I am doing a good job, but only time will tell, and I'm not very good with waiting.


#MondayMusings #BrazierChildren



No comments:

Post a Comment